Thursday, April 13, 2006

H is for all of my Hair that's going to fall out as a result of this STINK!

So yesterday (I just realized that 99% of my blogs begin with the word "so"), I walked into my office expecting it to be a normal day, but no. I looked in the direction of my desk and there was a rather large wet spot on the carpet. This wet spot took up the space under both my desk and the one next to mine. I went to investigate the source of the problem. It turns out that someone had thawed the freezer in the storage room next to the office. Genius! So the whole floor in the storage room was wet and cardboard boxes were soaked through. Lovely! The maintenance guy came in and looked at it and said he'd get some people in here to pull up the carpet and put some fans in here to dry it out. Someone came by with a vacuum to pull up the water, but it wasnt very effective. We waited for the fans. And waited...and waited...and waited....and waited....and waited. Nothing. Crickets....
Today I walk in, having completely forgotten about yesterday's adventure. The smell hit me in the face like a ton of bricks. The carpet is still wet and it smells yummy!! It smells like a 4 week old dumpster that's been sitting in the sun for those 4 weeks solid. So if I end up dying from some strange mold toxin, you'll know why....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home