Thursday, June 01, 2006

L is for my Lack of self control

The people in my lab like to eat way too much. For you food-lovers out there (myself included) be aware that it rubs off on those around you. It does, it really does! Last week, there was enough chocolate in the office to feed a small country. Chocolate cake, chocolate lava brownies, chocolate bars, hershey kisses, and the list goes on. The plethora of chocolate could be directly related to the fact that my lab is 80% female. I did OK resisting the chocolate overload. Today is another story. Chips. Tortilla chips, to be exact. Tostitos tortilla chips, to be more exact. The bad part is that they're stale! Does that bother me? Nope. The bag sits on the microwave, which I have to pass every time I leave the office. It speaks to me every time I walk by begging me to eat them. And I do. Do I enjoy stale chips? Not at all. The source behind the food is never known. It's as if some strange food fairy visits overnight and leaves yummy eatibles (sp?) on the microwave.

I'm learning to use a new piece of equipment today. I'll be running a GPC (gas phase chromatography) to test the purity of my PEG-LGPA-PEG. Oh the joy.

1 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Jeanine said...

Do I sound like a big nerd if I admit that I loved doing gas phase chromatography in lab during undergrad?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home